In this tutorial we walk through the process of making a simple guessing game. Basic steps to follow are:
- Display and introduction to the user.
- Tell them how many seconds they need to wait before pressing enter
- Wait until the user presses enter
- Calculate the difference and tell them how well they did
Remember! If you are feeling confident, see if you can have a go at coding the game without watching the tutorial! You can always fall back on the tutorial if you get to a difficult bit!
Here is the full video tutorial. Make sure you listen to, as well as watch, the video as I explain how things work and why I did things the way I did them
- Add an option to choose the difficult level, with the harder option having a longer wait time.
- Add a high score table to your game where the player name and score is saved to a high score txt file (or database/csv/pickle file!)