You have been asked to provide a meal for the mathematician’s ball and you have chosen to cook Spaghetti Bolognese. The recipe you are going to follow is at the bottom of the page.
Your mission is to calculate the ingredients requirements for dinner for 50 mathematicians
- Calculate all the ingredients amounts for 50 people
- Go onto Sainsburys.com or ASDA.com to find out what amounts they are sold in to work out how many packets / tubs / bottles / tins / bags that need to be bought.
- Provide a total costing for the meal in pounds sterling.
- Each mathematician has paid 10 pounds for the meal.
- You have to pay 2 Chefs(10 pounds per hour each) and 2 Kitchen Porters(7 pounds per hour each) to work for 5 hours.
- You also have to rent out the kitchen at 30 pounds.
- How much profit have you made?
Recipe Ingredients for 6 people
- 3 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon , or pancetta
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 x 400 g tin of quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar , or red wine vinegar
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 organic low-salt beef stock cube
- 500 g dried spaghetti
- 40 g Parmesan cheese , optional