What is a subroutine?
A subroutine is a named piece of code that can
- Allows the subroutine to be called in more than one place within the program
- The subroutine can be tested independently
- Allows modular development of the program
- Allows a team of programmers to work independently on different components of a program
- Reduces the duplication of code within a program
- If there needs to be changes made (due to a bug etc) the changes can be made in on place.
Functions vs Procedures
Procedures vs Functions
- External files
- Importing in-built modules
- External libraries