Presentations are generally used to communicate to an audience in a specific location, such as a classroom or business board room.
Advantages of presentations
- Gives structure to a lesson or briefing so you are less likely to forget part of what you are teaching.
- Allow a wider variety of media to be used than paper – sounds, animations, videos
- More interactive than paper – can be navigated, include embedded quizzes / polls
Disadvantages of presentation
- If overused can result in ‘Death by powerpoint”
- Less interactive than other media.
On-line presentations are growing massively in popularity. They can be combined with internet conference calls / VIOP technology to allows lessons to be conducted on-line.
- Google slides