Newsletters are a form of communication that is released on a regular basis (weekly, monthly or termly)
They are used to keep people informed on a subject that they are interested in.
- Club newsletters detailing the new meeting
- School newsletters informing parents of recent and upcoming events.
- Community newsletters publicising fundraising events and targets.
- Effective way of targeting a specific audience (leaflet drops in a small village)
- Great for people who don’t have access to the internet
- Can get expensive to print and distribute
- Causes pollution – Many leaflets will just get binned
- Can only target people in a certain geographic area.
More recently, many organisations have shifted from paper based newsletters to electronic newsletters. These are much quicker and easierÂ to produce, as well as being much cheaper to distribute.
Example of Â on-line newsletter publishing software: