Impact of Emerging Technologies
The 20th century saw a boom in technological advancement faster than every before. This revolution is showing no sign of slowing down – every year thousands of new technologies are invented and some of those technologies are changing the way we live today.
These changes have already led to improvements in living standards for millions of people, but with this change there also comes a number of issues and dangers.
Technology is advancing so quickly that governments, laws and society itself is struggling to keep up with and manage the changes.
In this lesson on the impact of emerging technologies we will be having a look at a number of these technologies, focusing on:
- What they are and how they work
- any present and future benefits they offer
- What threats and problems they bring them as they are adopted.
Activity – Poster Design
The aim of this activity is to design an A3 sized poster for displaying in the classroom /corridor, informing readers about an emerging technology of your choice. It would be a good idea to speak to your fellow students to make sure that you are all choosing different topics!
You poster should include:
- What it does
- How it hows
- Examples of how it is used today, and future uses
- Advantages of the technology
- Disadvantages of the technology
- Q-codes with links to more info(YouTube, web pages, etc)
Complete the following quiz on QuizMaster:
- Emerging technologies review quiz
In order to fully prepare yourself you will need to be able able to keep yourself at the forefront of science and technology.
How can you achieve this? By reading the technology news, and watching technology programmes!